You will receive an email from Helpful Village called Password instructions. If you did not receive the email or if the email has expired please contact our office and we will send a new message.
Create Your Portal Account
- Click on the Change Password button (Password Instruction email)
- Enter a new Password (6-character minimum) Confirm Password and click SUBMIT
- You should see the new SLO Village website
Review you Profile
Please note that only open service requests that match your profile will be displayed on your portal
- Click on the Person Icon in the upper right-hand corner
- Select My profile
- Review Content under the Contact Tab and Volunteer Tab
- Click on EDIT (Bottom of screen)
- Make any changes to your Profile and then click SAVE
Select a Service Request
- Go to Menu (top of the screen) and select Volunteers > Service Request
- Click on VIEW for any open request
- Click on I CAN DO IT. I VOLUNTEER!
- You should be directed to the Service Request Details page
- An email confirmation should have been sent to you
- Click on LIST OF REQUESTS (bottom of page)
- You should see your request (highlighted in green)
Congratulations! You have used our new Volunteer Portal! If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to call the office (805 242 6440) for assistance. Also, please let us know if you have any problems.
Here is Helpful Village's short Video for Volunteers: Volunteer Video
Start the Video at 1:57 min mark (you do not need to complete a new volunteer application form)